WWN Patch

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 07:39:10 CDT 2021

Hi Cressida,

The mailing list is the right one :-) . I think it would be helpful to add [Website] somewhere in the patch topic.

It did get published somehow, already, I guess you sent it to Newman directly. The mailing list is certainly better for public review. I think reviewing the summaries by people who know the specific areas of Wine you mention is a good idea to make sure things are right.

Have a look at https://git-scm.com/docs/git-send-email and https://wiki.winehq.org/Git_Wine_Tutorial#Sending_the_patches_using_SMTP . That way you can avoid the extra step through a mail client.

One nitpick courtesy of my text editor:

> +    Cressida Silver here. I am new to this, so please let's all play nice in the sandbox. I recently broke up with my former employer to start seeing CodeWeavers. So far so good. The goal is to bring you an edition of WWN the Friday following a Wine release. Feel free to provide tips, suggestions, insights, or generaly troll me (if you must) <a href="mailto:wwn at winehq.org">here.</a>

You have a spelling mistake in there: generaly -> generally

Cheers,
Stefan