libs don't compile without warnings

Rémi Bernon rbernon at codeweavers.com
Sun Apr 24 07:18:14 CDT 2022

On 4/24/22 01:33, Fabian Maurer wrote:
> Hello Nikolay,
>
>>> The integrated libraries under libs don't compile without warnings.
>>> Is there a way to suppress those warnings, but keep the ones from normal
>>> wine files? I'd like to compile wine with Werror, and fix the warnings we
>>> have, but this makes it impossible.
>>
>> What are you compiling with? With "current" debian testing tools,
>> including mingw-w64, I don't get compilation warnings.
>
> That's probably because I compile with -Wall. There's for example a lot unused
> variable/function and format string errors.
>
> My gcc/mingw version is 11.2.0 (Arch Linux)
>
> Regards,
> Fabian Maurer

That's probably because third-party libs are built without Wine warning
flags, but not without user-specified warning flags. You will probably
have to change something in makedep.c to make sure user warnings are
filtered out there too, or add -Wall / -Werror to Wine warnings in
configure.ac instead.

--
Rémi Bernon <rbernon at codeweavers.com>