libs don't compile without warnings

Fabian Maurer dark.shadow4 at web.de
Sun Apr 24 08:43:23 CDT 2022

On Sonntag, 24. April 2022 14:18:14 CEST Rémi Bernon wrote:
> On 4/24/22 01:33, Fabian Maurer wrote:
> > Hello Nikolay,

> >> What are you compiling with? With "current" debian testing tools,
> >> including mingw-w64, I don't get compilation warnings.
> >
> > That's probably because I compile with -Wall. There's for example a lot
> > unused variable/function and format string errors.
> >
> > My gcc/mingw version is 11.2.0 (Arch Linux)
> >
> > Regards,
> > Fabian Maurer
>
> That's probably because third-party libs are built without Wine warning
> flags, but not without user-specified warning flags. You will probably
> have to change something in makedep.c to make sure user warnings are
> filtered out there too, or add -Wall / -Werror to Wine warnings in
> configure.ac instead.

Ah, seems I was wrong, there is no need for -Wall, since Wine uses that per
default already. Thanks for pointing me the right way, it's part of
EXTRACFLAGS.

Though that means that my warnings/errors are not due to additional flags.
For completeness, attaching a patch that shows all the warnings I god.
It's a bunch of "might not be initialized" and three cases of "string
overflow".

Regards,
Fabian Maurer