'wrc' weirdness

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 05:03:35 CDT 2022

> Am 13.07.2022 um 16:08 schrieb Gisle Vanem <gvanem at online.no>:
>
> Hello again list.
>
> I'm still struggling with understanding the build
> of Wine on Win-10 using MSVC or clang-cl.
>
> E.g. the 'wrc' program behaves rather different from
> MSVC's 'rc'. When for example using 'wrc' to build
> 'attrib.exe', the output of 'attrib.exe /?' looks like
> this:

My best guess is again that nobody tries to make wine's .rc files work with Microsoft's rc. A bug that might be noticed is if someone tries to use wrc with a Windows program's source code and it doesn't behave as intended.

I am not even sure if Microsoft's rc is supposed to work at all. Our translations use gettext .po files that are somehow migrated to Windows resource files; That might be done through non-standard .rc statements. I don't think that's your issue here though.