Gitlab transition roadmap

Gabriel Ivăncescu gabrielopcode at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 11:22:23 CDT 2022

Hi,

Just a couple requests if I may.

On 15/06/2022 15:08, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> - Refine behavior of mailing list gateway, possibly send output to
>    separate list.

I don't mind a separate list or anything else, but please keep a way for
some of us to still be able to check the "patch flow" like now via
email. I don't mind if it this requires tinkering on my end as long as
it's "possible"...

> - Work with respective maintainers to plan if/when/how to move other
>    Wine projects to Gitlab:
>    - tools (done)
>    - website (done)
>    - wine-gecko (done)
>    - wine-mono
>    - wine-staging
>    - vkd3d
>    - appdb
>    - bugzilla
>    - fontforge

For bugzilla I'd rather prefer if it remained because, well, it works
without javascript and is simple and lightweight... I don't mind web UIs
if they're simple but gitlab overall leaves a lot to be desired.

> - Retire the gitweb browser, redirect to Gitlab.

As above, is it too much hassle to keep this around? Even if it's just a
mirror. I like that it's simple and lightweight and can be browsed
easily, gitlab is way too bloated both in design and accessing it, and
doesn't work without javascript either.

I have to admit when I first saw the gitlab experiment, I didn't expect
a total overhaul like this even for stuff not related to patches, I
thought it would be optional.

Just my 2 cents.