Mailing list spam - the many dnsapi patches that were mailed out

Jin-oh Kang jinoh.kang.kr at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 01:44:40 CDT 2022

😱

> The moderately fragile bit that parses the patches relies on a regex
> matching '^From '.  She included a comment in her code referencing
> another patch; a 'From <sha> here'.

Doesn't the mbox format auto-escape it as `>From `? Maybe it's in another
format or already parsed...

> That caused it to crash after sending 3 out of 4 emails, and before it
> marked that MR as done.  So every time it woke up, it thought it needed
> to send that MR, would send 3, and then crash.
>
> I have, in theory, mitigated that with this change:
>    https://gitlab.winehq.org/winehq/tools/-/merge_requests/15
>
> Sorry for the over flowing mailbox.  Hopefully this patch set will get a
> *very* thorough review :-).

Maybe I'm too late to the party, but a better way to fix this might be to
remember the delivery state of each patch. Just a suggestion though; feel
free to dismiss it 😅

Also, since you particularly mentioned a *very* through review, a nit: in
Python we usually use `is None` instead of `== None`. Both works, though.

--
Sincerely,
Jinoh Kang