Wine Source build on native wchar_t 4 bytes

Eric Pouech eric.pouech at orange.fr
Tue May 3 10:24:16 CDT 2022

Le 03/05/2022 à 17:09, Mahin Pandya a écrit :

> Hello All,
>
> We are trying to build Wine Source on Linux with native wchar_t size 4
> bytes (instead of 2 bytes), is there any way it can be done?

not simply I'm afraid

could you clarify your intend, ie:

- do you want that all places where WCHAR is used (meaning utf16) is
replaced by utf32 encoding?

- do you want applications compiled in current WCHAR=2 bytes (including
native windows applications) and applications with your WCHAR=4 bytes
run in the same wine instance?

- cross compiling or simply compiling ?

and perhaps to start with, why is current utf16 encoding not sufficient?

A+