Different approach to a->w cleanup of crypt
truiken at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 02:36:10 CDT 2004
On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 02:34:51 -0500, James Hawkins <truiken at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have been trying to get my a->w cleanup of crypt committed for
> quite some time now, and mostly with no luck because of all the bugs,
> but I have a better idea about how accomplish this. The problem is
> that crypt requires a lot of changes to get rid of the w->a calls (the
> patch was ~27k), and it's too risky to commit the patch even though it
> looks like all the bugs are gone. The solution is that I will change
> one piece of crypt at a time and submit small patches that are easier
> to find bugs in. There are a number of private functions in crypt
> though that cant be changed to unicode because it will break
> compilation before the rest of the patches are submitted, so I will
> submit unicode patches with a W appended to the name of the function
> as in
> static inline PSTR CRYPT_GetProvKeyName(PCSTR pProvName)
> static inline PWSTR CRYPT_GetProvKeyNameW(PCWSTR pProvName) //added
> Any public api functions that I change until the final patch will use
> the W version while the unchanged version will continue using the
> regular ansii version so as to not break compilation.
> Along with the changes, I will also submit tests for the new unicode
> api functions so they can be verified to be correct.
> The first patch adds CRYPT_GetProvKeyNameW.
> James Hawkins
I forgot to mention that I have tested the new CRYPT_GetProvKeyNameW
and it works exactly as the ansii version, but in unicode.
More information about the wine-patches