[2/2] wineusr: Rewrite WineCfg Graphics tab documentation
nerv at dawncrow.de
Mon Jan 16 16:02:26 CST 2012
en/wineusr-configuring.sgml | 28 +++++-----------------------
1 files changed, 5 insertions(+), 23 deletions(-)
diff --git a/en/wineusr-configuring.sgml b/en/wineusr-configuring.sgml
index 02d30e6..2d3fc9c 100644
@@ -244,19 +244,11 @@
can configure. For most people the defaults are fine.
- The first few settings primarily affect games and are somewhat
+ The first setting primarily affect games and is somewhat
self-explanatory. You can prevent the mouse from leaving the
- window of a DirectX program (i.e. a game.) and the default is
- to have that box checked. There's lots of
- reasons you might want to do that, not the least of which
- includes it's easier to play the game if the cursor is
- confined to a smaller area. The other reason to turn this
- option on is for more precise control of the mouse - Wine
- warps the location of the mouse to mimic the way Windows
- works. Similarly, "desktop double buffering" allows for
- smoother updates to the screen, which games can benefit from,
- and the default is to leave it turned on. The tradeoff is
- increased memory use.
+ window of a full-screen program (i.e. a game.) and the default
+ is to not have that box checked. That is mostly needed when using
+ a virtual desktop.
You may find it helpful to <emphasis>Emulate a virtual
@@ -266,17 +258,7 @@
(possibly unsuccessfully) the screen resolution. Confining them
to a window can allow for more control over them at the possible
expense of decreased usability. Sizes you might want to try are
- 640x480 (the default) or 800x600.
- Finally, you can configure some Direct3D settings. For the
- most part these settings are detected automatically, but you
- can force them to behave in a specific manner. Some games
- attempt to probe the underlying system to see if it supports
- specific features. By turning these off Wine won't report
- the ability to render games in a certain way. It may lead
- to the game running faster at the expense of the quality of
- the graphics or the game may not run at all.
+ 800x600 (the default) or 1024x768.
Best Regards, André Hentschel
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
Name: Nachrichtenteil als Anhang
More information about the wine-patches