buildbot status

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 07:28:26 CDT 2011

On Saturday 08 October 2011 19:22:55 Dan Kegel wrote:
> Yes, there are probably lots of slow old macs around.
>
> Ideas:
> 1. fix the "test-only patches still run the whole suite" bug
> 2. get several slow macs and put them in a mac queue to share the load
> 3. add a patch filter to test only graphics-related changes, and use
> it on these slow machines with interesting graphics hardware
> 4. add a new test method to run only graphics-related tests, and use
> it on these slow machines with interesting graphics hardware
> 5. find a fast mac
I was thinking about a system where the fast systems provide quick results and
catch probably 99% of the broken patches, and broken systems stay behind and
report rare breakages probably an hour or two later. But thanks to Charles'
fast Mac this isn't a concern for OSX any more.

Where it might still be necessary is if we want to run the tests e.g. on ARM
CPUs where fast hardware may not be available.