Wine release 20010418

Ove Kaaven ovehk at ping.uio.no
Thu Apr 19 15:57:18 CDT 2001

On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Ian Pilcher wrote:

> I often need to run the same application with different options, for
> testing/debugging purposes or because of the functional limitations of
> the various modes.  I'm under the impression that when the command-line
> options go away, I'm going to be seriously hosed.  ("Just edit your
> config file every time you start the application" is not really a good
> answer here.)
>
> Am I missing something?

Well, you know you can use the WINEPREFIX env var to change configs...
alternatively I've been considering making symlinks to the exe file,
letting the symlinks have slightly different names, which I can enter into
the config... not sure whether that'd work...

But I doubt you're going to get the command-line options back, anyway.