PostScript driver config change *REQUIRED*

Dan Engel dengel at sourceharvest.com
Sat Apr 21 08:37:25 CDT 2001

Ian Pilcher wrote:

> The PostScript driver doesn't look in the config file for the PPD file
> name anymore; it now looks for a printer-specific file in the registry.
> Look in documentation/psdrv.reg for details.

Having made this change in configuration, I've gotten a message box
explaining that there is a problem with the printer driver.  On looking at
the debug messages, I've found the following, on return from the
LOADLIBRARY for the internal wineps driver:

warn:module:BUILTIN32_dlopen cannot open .so lib for builtin wineps.drv:
libwineps.drv.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Doing the obvious hack, making a symlink named libwineps.drv.so, pointing
to libwineps.so, and then running ldconfig, the message changes to:

err:module:BUILTIN_LoadModule loaded .so but dll wineps.drv still not found

So, it appears that there's a disconnect somewhere on what the name of the
dll is.  The name is actually wineps.dll, but something expects it to be
wineps.drv.dll.

I haven't looked beyond that. . . any other takers?

-Dan Engel