Can't find xmessage

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Sun Dec 2 08:17:02 CST 2001

On Sat, 1 Dec 2001, Jim Holman wrote:

> gerard patel wrote:
>
> > Maybe:
> >
> > alias xmessage=gmessage
> >
> > Gerard
>
> I can do this command, but wine doesn't like it.  I get the same message
> when I start wine "Wine launcher is unable to find xmessage".
>
> Is it possible to specify where xmessage is or which one to use?
>
> Jim

Winelauncher is a shell script.  It uses the bash builtin command type
to see if it can find xmessage in the path.  If you use a shell other
than bash, this might not work.  (See which shell you use with
ls -l /bin/sh
).  If your shell is, say, 'bin/csh, maybe you can fix this problem with
alias type which
or you could install bash as your primary shell, or you could run wine
directly without using winelauncher, or you could hand-hack
winelauncher.  I guess if you use winelauncher, the command
which wine
might give you the filename of the winelauncher script if you want to
take a swat at hand-hacking it.

I am only guessing, of course.  The syntax of alias varies slightly by
shell variant.

Lawson

panic: detected rogue system administrator!!
---cut here

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.