Wine and Derive 5

Andreas Mohr Usenet 10/01 a31dgo001 at sneakemail.com
Tue Dec 4 13:13:34 CST 2001

Marcus Roeckrath <marcus.roeckrath at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi Gerard,

> gerard patel wrote on Dienstag,  4. Dezember 2001 17:22 about Re: Wine and
> Derive 5:

>> >This also happens to my old VB3 application. It too writes empty entries
>> >like this into its xxxx.ini file. It is not too much confused however.
>>
>> Does this happen with current cvs ? That is, you clear the .ini file,
>> and it add new entries with current cvs ?

> I ever use recent cvs not self compiled. I download a binary cvs rpm from
> wine.dataparty.no most daily.

> Have a look f. e. at the ini from derive:
>
> []
>
> [Startup Options]
> FactoryResetOption=0
> WorkingDirectory=C:\DfW5\Users
>
> and so on.

> The first part with the open and closing bracket is added after starting
> derive in wine. More starts more of this empty parts which are confusing
> derive.

> Same on DynaGeo; when finding this first I haave had about 100 of these
> blocks.
Yep, I know.
Pretty damn old bug. files/profile.c is probably broken.
The result of my time*bother calculation has been way too low
for actually fixing this ;-)

Maybe... you could do this ? ;-)

--
Andreas Mohr, Renningen, Germany
In case you need to contact me after expiry of temporary email address: