Codeweaver's Wine - Autolaunch?

Hal Vaughan hal at thresholddigital.com
Sun Dec 9 13:29:59 CST 2001

I had a little trouble installing WINE and, becuase of that, tried several
different versions.  It turned out the sound trouble was not a WINE issue,
but a devfs issue, so I deactivated devfs (devfs=nomount).

I am using the latest RPM of Codeweaver's WINE with Mandrake 8.1.

I've got Codeweaver's WINE up and running now.  When I first tried this, I
could type a win .exe file from the console and run it without typing wine
[win_exe_name].  I could run a win exe from Konqueror by just clicking on
it.

That doesn't work now, with a new install.  Did I set something up wrong?
Or is there another version that handles the "autolaunch" by detecting the
executable type and running WINE automatically?

Thanks!

Hal