New TransGaming Patch

Chris Howells chris.h at
Fri Feb 2 15:30:48 CST 2001

Mr Hammy Hams wrote:

> This worked with:
> Wine CVS from Jan 29th + Transgaming patch
> XFree  4.0.2
> NVidia drivers 0.9.6
> Had to turn off DGA, and force wine to manage created windows, otherwise I
> get a glXMakeCurrent error when it tries to set the current GLX rendering
> context.

Oh, thanks very much. I managed to get Unreal working (although it would
not load any levels) with quite an old build, but I have had problems
even running it with more recent mile stones.

My system is slightly more out of date:

XFree86 3.3.6
Matrox Mill II graphics

Anyway, hopefully when the Transgaming patch makes it into the main
builds, the situation will improve.

FWIW, I also have had much more success running stuff like Excel with
older milestones than newer ones.

Developers: This isn't a rant! :P

Chris Howells
E-Mail: chris.h at