Needed files from WIN dist. [BEFORE: Windows Installation under WINE]

Jon Gretar jongretar at my-deja.com
Mon Feb 5 16:25:37 CST 2001

In article <95mk54$lav$1 at sun27.hrz.tu-darmstadt.de>,
  Uwe Bonnes <bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de> wrote:
> Jon Gretar <jongretar at my-deja.com> wrote:
> : I think everyone misunderstood me. I'm not trying to set up windows
> : start using windows in Linux like with VMWare. Why would anyone
want to
> : do that.
>
> Wine != VMwaare
I know. Just clearing up some misunderstanding.

> Look for the windows .cab files. They contain what you want. The
windows CD
> should have  extract.exe, which should run with WineDos. There are
also
> other cab viewers and extractors out there. E.g. CabWoman comes to
mind.
> Find out what cab contains the file you want and extract them.

Some programs use regedit in their installation. I also need other
programs like the windows installer in there for office programs and so
on.

> B.t.w, why do you want to run regedit if you don't have a windows
> installation? Wine stores data in a readable form.
Actually I would like to have a Windows installation. I was trying to
find out if I could create one inside WINE

Thnx
Nonni

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/