Microsoft Fortran Powerstation on Linux via Wine

Jon Griffiths jon_p_griffiths at keep_your_ads_to_yourself.yahoo.com
Wed Feb 7 21:50:42 CST 2001

Hi,

> Hang on, now!  You got the exact same errors with builtin as with native
> msvcrt?  Jon should be pleased, I guess (he is working on builtin
> msvcrt).

:-)

I doubt that builtin msvcrt is being used, since it currently doesn't check
whether the given app is console or gui in order to put up a message box,
it always dumps abort() messages to the console. Perhaps +loaddll would
tell you, or you could try --debugmsg +msvcrt; you should see traces from
the dll as it is loaded.

Builtin msvcrt is progressing, but is still missing some functionality for
MFC/C++ programs to operate correctly. I can't yet bring up developer
studio without native msvcrt, so I guess the fortran ide won't work either.
However there is a patch waiting for commital that helps things get
further, but the C++ exception/frame handing code still needs to be
finsihed. And, needless to say, its a bitch ;-)

Cheers,
Jon