ie5 install?

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Mon Feb 12 02:57:52 CST 2001

Icculus <icculus at zmonteca.com> wrote:
: I am trying to install ie5 to test webpages and their apperance.
: Unfortuantely i am getting this annoying dialog error:

: "A previous program installation was never completed. You need to restart
: your computer to complete that installation before running Internet
: Explorer Setup. Setup will now close."

: What in the heck is this?? Restart what computer?  Heck no!  I don't
: understand this.  There are no instances of wine running when i
: extantiate this command:

: wine --dll comctl32,shell,shell32,shlwapi=n ie5setup.exe

: Could someone please shed some light on this matter.

Clear you wininit.ini file.
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de