directX and transgaming patch

Brian Postow bpostow at
Tue Jul 3 17:25:53 CDT 2001

In article <3b422b9a.6027631 at>,
gerard patel <g.patel at> wrote:
>On 3 Jul 2001 13:34:46 -0400, bpostow at (Brian Postow) wrote:
>>>Fix :
>>>ps -ax and  kill <id of wineserver>
>>Actually, I tried this. I did ps-aux |grep wine and it came up empty...
>Well, I don't know what is doing the 'u' flag (the man
>page for ps is not an easy read), but what is sure is
>that when using it I don't see all Wine process like when
>using ps -ax

Nope, didn't help

Moose$ ps -ax |grep wine
74:20427 pts/5    S      0:00 grep -n wine
Moose$ wine arachnid.exe
wine client error:0x8066390: version mismatch 44/47.
Your wineserver binary was not upgraded correctly,
or you have an older one somewhere in your PATH.
Or maybe the wrong wineserver is still running?
Moose$ diff `which wineserver`

any thoughts?

More incoherent ramblings from:  Brian "Lizard Bench Mango" Postow ('94)
FOOBAR: Foo Of Oberlin Bygone Alumni Retirees   the foo, the proud: the Foo.

I'm not hooked on phonics... I... I can stop any time I want to. Really.