How to I fix undefined symbol: _glapi_Context error?

Kenton Groombridge kgroombr at
Sun Jul 8 07:41:11 CDT 2001

Thanks for the assistance, but unfortunately I am not using the NVIDIA
drivers, I am using the Mesa drivers.  I have a Radeon card which is
configured properly and worked very well with 3D apps.

Lionel Ulmer wrote:

> On Sat, 07 Jul 2001 21:42:56 -0400, Kenton Groombridge
> <kgroombr at> wrote:
>>I compiled the latest Wine 20010629 without a problem, but when I go to
>>run any windows app with wine I get:
>>err:module:BUILTIN32_dlopen failed to load .so lib for builtin
>>x11drv.dll: /usr/X11R6/lib/ undefined symbol: _glapi_Context
>>Could not load graphics driver 'x11drv'
> This is a FAQ (but I wonder it if was ever put into the Wine FAQ) :-)
> You are using the NVIDIA drivers but did NOT remove (as you should have) all
> XFree86's OpenGL files...
>                Lionel

Kenton Groombridge
kgroombr at