Windows Installer On Wine

Mike Castle dalgoda at
Fri Jul 13 15:23:12 CDT 2001

In article <Vd%17.19$jm5.13130 at>,
Bradley <bradley at> wrote:
>How can I get Windows Installer to work under Wine, short of installing
>windows on that box?

Do you have a setup.exe or a .msi file?

If you have the .msi file, you could *possibly* try the msi2xml tool at

This *might* break up the msi file into component parts in addition to
creating the xml description.  If that is the case, you could then manually
put the pieces where they go, based upon the xml description.

This is just a wild assed guess, though.

     Mike Castle      dalgoda at