wine and printing..

Ian Pilcher ian.pilcher at
Thu Jul 19 06:55:02 CDT 2001

Chr Radau wrote:

> I tried that. I'm running now wine-20010629.
> I'm able to print now with various apps.
> Unfortunately I can't install the CAD Software no more.
> (The main reason to play with wine)
> The Software lets me do a few installation-steps and the hangs forever.

I know a little bit about the PostScript driver, but I don't have any
understanding of the installation-related issues.  My only thought is to
install the application with the older version (if that works) and then
upgrade Wine.  If you have a dual-boot system, you could also try
installing the application under Windows and either running it off the
Windows partition or copying the appropriate files and registry entries

Ian Pilcher                                         ian.pilcher at