Locale problem with Korean

Lee Kwangwoo dubo at netsgo.com
Thu Mar 8 01:14:24 CST 2001

I installed wine-20010305 debian package on a Linux 2.4.2
running XFree86 4.0.2 .

I tried to run a simple windows game freecell.exe and it worked well.
But I can't see the korean menu in the game. I've seen only some characters
in the part of the menu such as (G), (H), .. , (N), F2, (S), F3, ..., etc , and
the part (maybe "Game", "Help" in English) disappeared.

[dubo@ /mnt/dosc/windows]$ wine --language ko_KR  freecell.exe

I typed like that and I also tried to run wine in "--language en_US" option,
then the blank part is filled with some crashed fonts. (Korean use codepage 949)

Korean fonts works well in X11 and other applications.
There are few lines in the HOWTO documents and manual pages about other languages.
I need help, please. :-)