Updating Starcraft?

Daniel Foesch krach42 at aol.com
Sun Mar 18 17:13:02 CST 2001

>> My actual problem's cleared up, for the most part -- I installed it all
>> on a Windows box, then zipped up the resulting Starcraft directory and
>> copied it over.  The registry seems to have at least some of the right
>> information, as it will start and run, but as you say, it's hackishly
>> installed, so I'm not completely comfortable.

Actually, this hackish install is perfectly fine for Starcraft.  At a number of
LAN games we've had people "install" Starcraft this way, since copying all the
files over a 100Mb/s network is faster than copying them off a CD (normally).

Anyways, don't worry too much about your hackish install, especially since
Starcraft is a fairly old game, and it practically installs itself the same way
that you did your hackish install...

Daniel "Krach" Foesch