Running Wine as a user

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Fri Mar 30 18:03:25 CST 2001

| From cliffhanger2 at altavista.co.uk Fri Mar 30 18:47:46 2001
|
| > One other way you can reliably get that error is if root has made the
| > wine binary suid and owned by root.  Wine is not designed to be suid,
| > but maybe some misguided packager has set it up that way.
|
| That was the problem, the binary was owned by root.   Corrected this
| and wine worked first time from the user.     Why oh why is this not
| mentioned in the docs on setting up wine.   It mentions having a

If we told you in the wine doco all you need to know about how to
administer a *nix system, there would be so much wine doco no one would
read it, and we would be duplicating all of the man pages and info
files.  There is no reason you can't read [p]info fileutils and learn a
little about *nix directory and file permissions, is there?  *nix is
here to stay.

| .winerc file for the user etc., but nothing about the above.
|
| thanks
|
| MAC

Lawson

It is better to be lucky than good. - J. A. Soucy
---

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.