Quickbooks Pro works on Corel Wine

Herman Oosthuysen aerosoft at AerospaceSoftware.com
Thu May 10 22:21:49 CDT 2001

Some new info:
If the copy of the windows system.dat file (containing the registration
code) is in the quickbookspro directory, then it still works and it
won't interfere with other programs that may try to read this file.

Having system.dat in the system directory interfered with wordperfect,
which tried to read the backup settings and Dragon Naturally Speaking
stuff from the binary registry, so I had to find out how to fix this
issue.

I found that if QB and WP are simultaneously running, then they both
work, but they can't print.  If you run one at a time, then they will
print.

Oh, well, this is already a huge leap forward - being able to do my
accounting on a stable platform, so I'll probably stop experimenting now
and catch up with all those bills to pay...

Cheers,

Herman