Most apps fail

gerard patel g.patel at wanadoo.fr.invalid
Thu Nov 15 11:06:11 CST 2001

ppmdOn 15 Nov 2001 07:18:12 -0800, john at wexfordpress.com (John
Culleton) wrote:

>Of course there is no document titled ``Wine Developers Guide'' on my
>system as far as I can tell. Perhaps it has another title.

Yes, that's the Wine gurus at work.
Wine documentation is in a subdirectory called 'documentation'
You need to build it first, by entering this directory and
typing 'make'. Then you browse the directory wine-doc
below the documentation directory, using your favourite
web browser.

<snip>
>1. How do I identify (from the messages) a program that is likely
>never to run under Wine?

No idea, that's difficult to answer. If you have an app that
relies on features that are badly supported, it will not run
soon. Typesetting applications are very unlikely to run very
well because of partial implementation of some features
(dynamic load of font do not work, for example)

>2. How do I eliminate the debug-specific messages such as all those
>above?

Most are coming of the absence of any kind of configuration
on this Wine installation (config file in the ~/.wine directory)

Gerard