wine compile errors

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Tue Nov 20 21:35:50 CST 2001

On Wed, 21 Nov 2001, Ben Zampatti wrote:

> hello...ive been trying for a while to compile wine but it always comes
> up with this seg fault. I've tried around 5 different computers, running
> a mix of slackware and debian, ive tried gcc 3.0 and 2.95, ive tried
> playing around with the CFLAGS var, but still no go..here is the error
> after doing ./configure --with-opengl;make depend;make
>
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH="../../unicode:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
> ../../tools/winebuild/winebuild -fPIC -L../../dlls  -o kernel32.spec.c
> -spec ./kernel32.spec
> make[2]: *** [kernel32.spec.c] Segmentation fault
> make[2]: *** Deleting file `kernel32.spec.c'
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/wine/dlls/kernel'
> make[1]: *** [kernel/libkernel32.so] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/wine/dlls'
> make: *** [dlls] Error 2
>
> ive tried wine from ftp, wine cvs and wineX..all have the same errors.
>
> any help appreciated..thanks

Well, if you are _that_ desperate, I'll try.  If you are really doing
./configure;make depend;make
that might contribute to the problem.  AFAICT, the doco tells you to do,
in effect,
./configure && make depend && make
That is not exactly the same as ./configure;make depend;make
Maybe ./configure is failing, or make depend; if so, whatever happens in
make is fallout.  ./configure has to finish successfully before you have
any hope to make depend, and that has to succeed before make can work.

ICBW, of course, IC always BW.

Lawson

Probable user head space error. - Dennis A. Moore