fixme:commdlg:GetFileName95 Flags 0x00000002 not yet implemented

Bob Washburne rcwash at concentric.net
Fri Nov 30 11:01:00 CST 2001

Greetings!

I am attempting to run Groove Mechanic ( http://www.coyotes.bc.ca )
under wine.

It is able to get past the licence check and record from the sound card.
But when I attempt to open a WAV file to process I get the error
message:

fixme:commdlg:GetFileName95 Flags 0x00000002 not yet implemented

and the program hangs with focus switching between the GM window and the
file browser window at about one hertz.  The file open did actually
appear to work once and I got to the next screen, but I have been unable
to duplicate that success.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

SCENARIO
========
My system is a dual boot (specs below) between RedHat 7.2 and WindowsME

Groove Mechanic is a shareware utility which allows you to record vynel
records through your sound card and filter out clicks, hiss and rumble.

Groove Mechanic (GM) works as advertised under WindowsME.  I've
processed several records with it.

I configured the wine which came with RH 7.2.  I added the drive
specifications to ~/.wine/config (A:FLOPPY, C:WINDOZE, D:APPS, E:GAMES,
F:HOME, G:EMUS, H:CDROM, I:/home) and adjusted the paths as my \WINDOWS
directory is on the D: drive.  All other setting were left to the values
found in the sample config file.

Wine appears to be working.  I can play MSHEARTS.EXE and GM does come up
most of the way.

As a mundane user I cd to GM's home directory and issue the command
$ wine GrooveMech.exe

After a bit of a wait, GM's main window comes up along with the
acknowlegement that I paid my shareware fee.  I now have the choice of
recording a file or processing an existing file.

If I choose to record, then I must specify the file to capture with.  A
file browser is presented and all appears to work.  I do get the fixme:
error message, but it doesn't appeat to affect anything.  Also, many
errors are generated concerning a bad superblock on the floppy if I
don't have a floppy in the drive.  If I stick a floppy in there then all
the errors go away.  Again, the errors don't seem to actually harm
anything.

So I select a capture file and I am presented with the digital VU
meters.  I can click RECORD and everything works.  The file is captured
and it can be replayed.

Next I choose to process the file which I just created.  It presents me
with a file browser to select my input file.  I select any WAV file and
the focus returns to the GM window, just like it was going to close the
file browser window.  The the focus switches back to the file browser
window.  And back and forth continuously at a rate of once per second.

This appears to be an endless loop.  I've let it go for several minutes
to see if it would "punch through" but no success.  I <CNTL>C out of
wine.

Once it actually took the selected file and presented me with the next
window, another file browser to select the save file, but I have been
unable to duplicate this success.

CONFIGURATION
=============
AMD K7 650
512MB RAM
nVidea GForce 2 MX
Sound Blaster Live!
100BaseTX ethernet
PRI IDE MASTER: 40GB split into five fat32 partitions and one Linux swap
        SLAVE:  40GB split into three ext3 partitions (/, /apps, /home)
SEC IDE MASTER: CDROM
         SLAVE: unused

RedHat 7.2 full install

Windows ME