Problem with Xilinx 4.1.01i tools

B. Joshua Rosen bjrosen at
Tue Oct 2 18:33:34 CDT 2001

I'm having a problem with the latest version of the Xilinx tools
(Release 4.1.01i). I'm getting the following error from map

FATAL_ERROR:MapHelpers:mhcsymlib.c:779:1.7 - Problem in parsing the XML file
   "/home/bjrosen/win/Xilinx/virtex2/data/SymbolLib.xml":  An exception occured!
   Type:RuntimeException, Message:The primary document entity could not be
   \data\SymbolLib.xml.  Process will terminate.  To resolve this error, please
   consult the Answers Database and other online resources at

I was able to run the tools on the same design under Win4Lin so I don't
think that this is a Xilinx problem. Does anyone have any ideas about
what might be causeing this.

I'm using Wine release 20010731 on a Redhat 7.1 system with a 2.4.5