Problem with Xilinx 4.1.01i tools

Duane Clark junkmail at junkmail.com
Tue Oct 2 19:00:36 CDT 2001

B. Joshua Rosen wrote:

> I'm having a problem with the latest version of the Xilinx tools
> (Release 4.1.01i). I'm getting the following error from map
>
> FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock
> FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock
> FATAL_ERROR:MapHelpers:mhcsymlib.c:779:1.7 - Problem in parsing the XML file
>    "/home/bjrosen/win/Xilinx/virtex2/data/SymbolLib.xml":  An exception occured!
>    Type:RuntimeException, Message:The primary document entity could not be
>    opened.
>    Id=F:\clients\sky\skybridge\isky_test_xilinx\\home\bjrosen\win\Xilinx\virtex2
>    \data\SymbolLib.xml.  Process will terminate.  To resolve this error, please
>    consult the Answers Database and other online resources at
>    http://support.xilinx.com
>

> I was able to run the tools on the same design under Win4Lin so I don't
> think that this is a Xilinx problem. Does anyone have any ideas about
> what might be causeing this.

On previous versions of the Xilinx tools, did you have the data files
installed on an ext2 filesystem? I have noticed that some of the Xilinx
tools (I have seen it on ngdbuild) cannot read files on ext2 filesystems
unless they use 8.3 filenames. In the case of ngdbuild, the error
message says that the file cannot be found, although it does exist. When
reading files on win filesystems, the Xilinx tools read all files just
fine, regardless of the filename length.

--
My real email is akamail.com at dclark (or something like that).