Wine and Dual booted Windows

gerard patel g.patel at
Mon Oct 22 19:50:36 CDT 2001

On Mon, 22 Oct 2001 20:04:51 -0400, Akintayo Holder <akintayo at>
>I saw the winver setting, it specifies which version of windows wine should emulate. I don't want this,
>I want to specify which copy of windows wine should "use". e.g. if i had two install of w95, would it be
>possible to point wine towards one of them without creating duplicate config files.

This is not possible. The config file holds the information pointing
to the windows directory.

Unless your 2 windows install are mounted on 2 different partitions
that is (with an identical system directory structure) - in this case
I guess that you could mount only the wanted partition, with the
config file pointing to the mounting point.