strange problem

gerard patel g.patel at wanadoo.fr.invalid
Fri Oct 26 16:24:34 CDT 2001

On Fri, 26 Oct 2001 18:47:40 +0200, Henrik Frilund <i99hf at ryp.umu.se>
wrote:

> I've just installed wine from RPM and configured it but now when i try to
>run anything it just complains "/usr/bin/winereal: cannot find
>'134655408'". It's probably just some idiotic fault i've made but i cannot
>seem to find it.

You don't say much about your setup. The only thing I
can say about your post is that Wine seems to try to
launch its integrated debugger - because of this number,
looking as a Wine process ID, that is a parameter for the
debugger. That could be because of your rpm - some are
not well done, most are done and tested for a specific
distribution and may have problems on other systems.
Or because the rpm is based on some very bugged
release of Wine.

Wine is an alpha product (that is, very immature) and as
such is better compiled from source.

Gerard