wine on Mandrake 8.1

Vaclav Chaloupka vchaloupka at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 29 07:58:44 CST 2001

Hi,

I have installed wine on Mandrake 8.1 (the RPM from the Mandrake CD), fixed
the ~/.wine/config file (man wine.conf) but the wine still does not work.

If I run what-ever application it does nothing, if I leave it long enough,
it displays this....

[mypc]#wine notepad
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection Critical section 0x4011a610 wait timed
out, retrying (60 sec) fs=024f
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection Critical section 0x4011a610 wait timed
out, retrying (60 sec) fs=025f
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection Critical section 0x4011a610 wait timed
out, retrying (60 sec) fs=024f
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection Critical section 0x4011a610 wait timed
out, retrying (60 sec) fs=025f
err:s±h:EXC_DefaultHandling Unhandled exception code c0000194 flags 0 addr
0x400f9b70
err:s±h:EXC_DefaultHandling Unhandled exception code c0000194 flags 0 addr
0x400f9b70
/usr/bin/wine: line 22:  2916 Terminated              ${true_binary} "$@"

Is there anything else I need to do? Please help! Thank you

(I do have Windows 98 installed on /mnt/windows and I for the
troubleshooting I did mount it so all have full read-write access to it, as
well as to the floppy drive).

This is the ./winecheck output:
[mypc]#./winecheck
This script verifies the configuration of the whole Wine environment.
Note that this is an ALPHA version, and thus it doesn't catch all problems !
The results of the checks are printed on the right side:
OK         - test passed without problems.
SUSPICIOUS - potentially problematic. You might want to look into that.
BAD        - This is a problem, and it leads to configuration score penalty.
CRITICAL   - A critical problem which can easily lead to malfunction.
FAILED     - This problem leads to Wine failure almost certainly.

The result will be printed as a percentage score indicating config
completeness.

--------------------------- checking Wine base files
---------------------------001. Checking for file "wine"...
           OK.
002. Checking for correct .so lib config (please wait)...   OK.

----------------------------- checking config file
-----------------------------003. Checking config file access...
             OK.

>>> Checking drive A settings:
004.  Checking Path option...                               OK.
005.  Checking Type option...                               OK.
006.  Checking device /dev/fd0...                           OK.
--> OK.

>>> Checking drive C settings:
007.  Checking Path option...                               OK.
008.  Checking Type option...                               OK.
009.  Checking Filesystem option...                         OK.
--> OK.

>>> Checking drive D settings:
010.  Checking Path option...                               OK.
011.  Checking Type option...                               OK.
012.  Checking device /dev/hdc...                           OK.
013.  Checking Filesystem option...                         OK.
--> OK.

>>> Checking drive E settings:
014.  Checking Path option...                               OK.
015.  Checking Type option...                               OK.
016.  Checking Filesystem option...                         OK.
--> OK.

>>> Checking drive F settings:
017.  Checking Path option...                               OK.
018.  Checking Type option...                               OK.
019.  Checking Filesystem option...                         OK.
--> OK.

--------------------- checking system devices used by Wine
---------------------020. Checking sound device /dev/dsp...
     OK.
021. Checking audio mixer device /dev/mixer...              OK.
022. Checking MIDI sequencer device /dev/sequencer...       OK.

----------------------- checking registry configuration
------------------------023. Checking availability of winedefault.reg
entries...    CRITICAL (entry "SHAREDMEMLOCATION" not found in system.reg
registry file).
- ADVICE: file winedefault.reg doesn't seem to have been applied using
regapi.
024. Checking availability of windows registry entries...   OK.

24 tests. 0 suspicious, 0 bad, 1 critical, 0 failed.
Wine configuration correctness score: 85.00%