Diablo 2 & Wine - The Story So Far

Robert Laverick csujo at scabserver.com
Tue Sep 25 20:18:24 CDT 2001

You can use cracked versions, how do I know this?  cos I am using one, and it
works perfectly under windows, attle.net isn't anywhere near impregnable,
it's just a matter of being able to answer any questions about version
specific info correctly, the crack I have works perfectly underwindows, and
has no complaints under linux, I'm assuming therefore that the version
checking in linux fails... maybe they're checking the os!  maybe not.  anyway
you can play battle.net with a cracked exe, but I'm just not sure how the
crack acives this, and if it's in anyway incompatable with wine/linux

ok rambleing over...
Rob
I've been banging my head against this for a while and not got anywhere, I've
tried various combinations of native dll's and not suceeded, not sure where
to go next, since there's no obviouse problem....  anyone got any bright
ideas?