wine reports wrong version

Andreas Mohr Usenet 08/01 vooe7o001 at sneakemail.com
Fri Sep 28 05:02:34 CDT 2001

lawson_whitney at juno.com wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Sep 2001, Praedor Tempus wrote:

>> I have been running, first, codeweaver's wine and, just recently I built
>> and installed wine-20010918-1.  Nonetheless, no matter which version I have
>> had, doing a "wine --version" produces "Wine release 20010824".

> That is correct.  wine --version reports the ftp release of
> Wine.  Unless I missed a letter from wine-announce, 20010824 is the most
> recent ftp release of Wine.  And I missed the letter in wine-cvs with a
> url to a patch file that changed ANNOUNCE and version.h (and ChangeLog).

To the original author:
please contact the author of this wine build that is obviously a daily CVS
build, and make sure that he adds a clear statement about the UNOFFICIAL
status (i.e. it's not a "standard" release build) to his web page
in order to avoid future confusion about this.

--
Andreas Mohr, Renningen, Germany
In case you need to contact me after expiry of temporary email address: