Basic questions

Beatriz Botero H bbotero at gmx.de
Mon Apr 1 14:10:23 CST 2002

Hallo all,

we are completly new to this list and also to wine, so sorry if the question is too simple.
We are trying to install and work with wine, withouth results:

err:win32:PELoadLibraryEXA can't load C:\WINNT\system32/comdlg32.dll

although the file comdlg32.dll exists in the directory.
This is one of three messages I cannot copy from the terminal
Question: our Windows partition is formated in NTFS. Is this file system
supported by wine ?
Second question: the instructions ask for a temp directory in windows with read/write permissions. Does this mean, that a kernel with the feature read/write on windows partitions needs to be compiled ?

Thanks in advance

Edgar Alwers
edgaralwers at gmx.de

Beatriz Botero H.