visio - wine

johan boeckx johan30 at easynet.be
Wed Apr 10 11:25:44 CDT 2002

Hi,

 I try to install visio 2002 (or 2000) with wine. All the dll's are
loaded
apparently, some screen pops up, and then it's over. I see these
messages
in debug :
fixme:msvcrt:MSVCRT_signal (8 0x6030cd09):stub
fixme:accel:CreateAcceleratorTableA should check that the accelerator
descriptions are valid, return NULL and SetLastError() if not.
fixme:font:WineEngCreateFontInstance just using first face for now
fixme:font:WineEngCreateFontInstance just using first face for now
fixme:ole:MSFT_DoTypeInfo Assign constructor/destructor memid
fixme:ole:MSFT_DoTypeInfo Assign constructor/destructor memid
fixme:ole:MSFT_DoTypeInfo Assign constructor/destructor memid
fixme:ole:MSFT_DoTypeInfo Assign constructor/destructor memid
fixme:ole:MSFT_DoTypeInfo Assign constructor/destructor memid
X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for
operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  12 (X_ConfigureWindow)
  Value in failed request:  0x0
  Serial number of failed request:  1209

Can anybody help me ? The reason why i try to install visio is to view
vsd-files, so if anyone knows another way, please inform me.
In tried it from the cvs-install and with the debs : the woody's and the
one's of  http://gluck.debian.org. I also tried it from source. Always
same errors.

thx and Greetz,
Johan