visio - wine

Tony Lambregts tony_lambregts at telusplanet.net
Mon Apr 15 19:09:51 CDT 2002

johan boeckx wrote:

>Hi,
>
> I try to install visio 2002 (or 2000) with wine. All the dll's are
>loaded
>apparently, some screen pops up, and then it's over. I see these
>messages
>in debug :
>fixme:msvcrt:MSVCRT_signal (8 0x6030cd09):stub
>fixme:accel:CreateAcceleratorTableA should check that the accelerator
>descriptions are valid, return NULL and SetLastError() if not.
>fixme:font:WineEngCreateFontInstance just using first face for now
>fixme:font:WineEngCreateFontInstance just using first face for now
>fixme:ole:MSFT_DoTypeInfo Assign constructor/destructor memid
>fixme:ole:MSFT_DoTypeInfo Assign constructor/destructor memid
>fixme:ole:MSFT_DoTypeInfo Assign constructor/destructor memid
>fixme:ole:MSFT_DoTypeInfo Assign constructor/destructor memid
>fixme:ole:MSFT_DoTypeInfo Assign constructor/destructor memid
>X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for
>operation)
>  Major opcode of failed request:  12 (X_ConfigureWindow)
>  Value in failed request:  0x0
>  Serial number of failed request:  1209
>  Current serial number in output stream:  1343
>

>Can anybody help me ? The reason why i try to install visio is to view
>vsd-files, so if anyone knows another way, please inform me.
>In tried it from the cvs-install and with the debs : the woody's and the
>one's of  http://gluck.debian.org. I also tried it from source. Always
>same errors.

One possibility is that you ~/.wine/config file has a different colour
depth than what your display is configured for.  In your ~/.wine/config
file in the [x11drv] section there is a entry for "ScreenDepth".
This should be the same as screen depth in your  /etc/X11/XF86Config file.

Hopefully this is your problem  as it is easy to fix.

Tony Lambregts