Install Shield

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Mon Aug 12 19:31:34 CDT 2002

On Sun, 11 Aug 2002, puoti at inwind.it wrote:

> ERROR: You need to merge the 'winedefault.reg' file into your
>        Wine registry by running: 'regedit winedefault.reg'
>
> Does this mean that I have a hope to use Install Shield under wine, and
> if yes what am I ment to do to get it to work?

Why are people so unable to take advice from an error message?
regedit is a winelib program included, built and installed with the
rest of Wine, and winedefault.reg is at the base of the wine source
tree.  Just do what the message says:

cd <wine>
regedit winedefault.reg

I did, and was able to run junoinst.exe version 5, which uses
InstallSh****.  It can't open its mailbox because of deficiencies in
typelib handling, I think, but it installed.  We're getting there.

Lawson

---slowly, but with considerable uncertainty---