Hi, I have a strange project...

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Fri Feb 1 18:40:32 CST 2002

On Fri, 1 Feb 2002, Alexander Derbes wrote:

> I have a java application that uses JNI (Java Native Methods) that allow
> it to use a windows DLL.
>
> I would very much like to run this application under linux using wine to
> run java and link to the DLL.  I think it will work but am having trouble
> with the wine configuration.  In particular:
>
> The windows version of java running under wine starts but when it trys to
> load a class, it first trys to load some objects out of a binary file
> rt.jar.  rt.jar is in a path that is defined relative to the path of the
> jre.exe program that is being executed, however, apparently, this
> information is getting munged by wine?

Maybe not.  Wine uses the unix current directory if it is mapped on a
windows drive, or [wine] "Windows" =  from ~/.wine/config if it is not.
Tried doing a cd to the directory you are running the app from before
starting wine?  LoadLibrary type calls will look there whether it is the
current directory or not, but I don't think file operations will.
Why don't you show us some output that makes you think this information
is being munged?

> Any ideas?
>
> -Alex

wine --debugmsg +relay jre.exe 2>&1|tee logfile

is often a good starting point, but if you post the whole logfile,
please gzip it.  If you select what you think is relevant, best leave a
hundred or more lines of context before and after.

Lawson