make works but make install fails

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Fri Feb 15 12:22:07 CST 2002

On Fri, 15 Feb 2002 lawson_whitney at juno.com wrote:

> make install is temporarily broken.  give it a leg up by installing the
> wine binary by hand:
> su -c "install wine /usr/local/bin/wine"
>
> then go ahead with "make install".  You will get warnings from ldconfig,
> but AFAICS the installed Wine will work.  Works for me, anyway.

Note:  this happens sometimes at the bleeding edge of developing
software.  Get the current CVS, make install works again and the
symbolic links are back to keep ldconfig happy.  You very well might
need autoconf 2.50, which takes a long time to run compared to autoconf
2.13, but IME run it does.

Lawson