wine-users digest, Vol 1 #1006 - 15 msgs

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Sun Feb 24 09:53:34 CST 2002

On Sun, 24 Feb 2002, Nicholas Tomlin wrote:

> well,
>
> thank you to all with the propane...
>
> Probable user head space error. - Dennis A. Moore

I wasn't intending to intrude on your head space.  That is a
/usr/share/games/fortune kind of quote from my collection of odd
fortunes.  If you knew Dennis A. Moore, you would know it is pronounced
with affection rather than contempt.

What I was trying to say is, if you want help with an error message,
please, please, please quote the damn' thing exactly, and there is a
pretty good chance some programmer can tell you in a dialect of
Interneational English you can understand roughly what it means.
I can't do anything with

| The results of trying to run wine is usually that wine was not able to
| find drive x, perhaps you have not configured your wine.conf file
| properly or ... etc.

That doesn't tell me anything except that this version of wine is
probably pretty old.  It might even be older than some of the doco you
are using.  IIRC, about the time wine.conf became obsolete, the format
of the Wine config file changed.

You don't even have to retype it, just capture it in a file and include
(the relevant part of) the file in your letter.

wine <options> <program> 2>&1 | tee logfile

> Nicholas Tomlin.

Lawson

'Tis better to have lived and laughed, than never to have lived at all.