problem installing WINE on Mandrake v8.2 - confirm with textutils

Andriy Palamarchuk apa3a at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 12 21:18:03 CDT 2002

On Wed, Jun 12, 2002 at 08:56:55AM +0200, Remi
BERNHARD wrote:
> I have also lots of problems, when installing wine
> on the mandrake 8.2. It
> says that some libs are required, and I haven't
> found them on the install
> cds... :(
>
> If someone has succeded with this distro, please
help ...!

Never used Mandrake, but can suggest you a different
approach - install from source. In fact it is not much
more difficult than installing from rpms. Just follow
instructions in the README file. Don't forget to
uninstall any old Wine versions!

You can get much more help with this approach as Wine
developers are responsible for the Wine source
installation but they do not control binary
distributions.

Good luck,
Andriy