BadAlloc on certain X servers

Andriy Palamarchuk apa3a at
Fri Jun 14 11:46:16 CDT 2002

--- Ole Wolf <wolf at> wrote:
> Is this a problem that is to be found somewhere
> inside of the X-Win32 X
> server (meaning I'll get rid of it and buy another X
> server), or can I
> hack the Wine source to increase the limit of
> whatever resources are
> needed?

Ole, I regulary use Wine from Windows machine using
XFree86 port to Windows (
and I never had the problems you describe. Agree, I do
 not care about fonts, runnig Wine mostly for
development/testing purposes so it is possible I just
did not come close to its limits.

Still, XFree86 does a good job on *nix and you can
give it a try on Windows.
If you decide to try it, please, post your experience.

Do You Yahoo!?