Windows 98 installation

Tony Lambregts tony_lambregts at telusplanet.net
Tue Jun 18 13:14:15 CDT 2002

Joshua James wrote:

>I tried to install Eudora from my .wine/c/install folder:
>
>command:
>wine Eudora_5.1.1.exe
>
>result:
>err:module:PE_fixup_imports Module (file) KERNEL32.dll (which is needed
>by C:\install\Eudora_5.1.1.exe) not found
>
>command:
>wine Eudora_5.1.1.exe -dll KERNEL32
>
>result:
>Syntax: -dll name[,name[,...]]={native|so|builtin}[,{n|s|b}[,...]]
>    - 'name' is the name of any dll without extension
>    - the order of loading (native, so and builtin) can be abbreviated
>      with the first letter
>    - the option can be specified multiple times
>    Example:
>    -dll comdlg32,commdlg=n -dll shell,shell32=b

[snip]

It is futile to try to run kernal32 as native.  It simply will not work
. If it did however the command line would look like this.

wine -dll KERNEL32=n Eudora_5.1.1.exe

I looked at the application database  for  Eudora  and it does not look
too good. but you can look for yourself.
http://appdb.codeweavers.com/appview.php?appId=62&versionId=37

So I think your best solution would be to submit a bug report to
http://bugs.winehq.org . Please look at the following for some help in
writeing a good bug report. http://www.winehq.org/Docs/wine-user/bugs.shtml

Thankyou.

Tony Lambregts