WinSock & Wsock32

iverger at iverger at
Mon Jun 24 13:32:25 CDT 2002

I am struggling with the simplest thing, I think! I am starting with a fresh config file from the 20020605 wine distro and trying to get the ARS Remedy User win32 based software running. Part way through the install it tell me I need to install "Winsock 2". By this I am assuming it is looking for the 32-bit winsock Dll's, wsock32.dll * ws2_32.dll. I have tried many variations of wsock32, ws2_32 & winsock in the DllOveride section all as "builtin" and I  am using the "--debugmsg +loaddll" on the commandline but do not see the .dll being loaded.

What the heck am I doing wrong? Why can't I see the winsock dll being loaded via the debugger?

Any help is appriciated.

Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and great gift ideas. Experience the convenience of buying online with Shop at Netscape!