Sound Forge 5 and wine-20020605

nick nalf38 at umkc.edu
Thu Jun 27 13:02:36 CDT 2002

I recently removed the wine provided with RH 7.3 i386 (following the
codeweavers directions for completely removing the old wine) and
installed wine-20020605 from the source, without any noticeable problems.

Sound Forge 5 worked perfectly under wine-2002037 , but I'm not able to
get the open dialog box to work in wine-20020605.  Loading native DLL's
described in the Application Database for SF (advapi32, avifile, avicap,
etc) doesn't seem to make a difference in performance.  When using
builtin dlls for "advapi32", "commdlg" and "commctrl" pairs, the open
dialog box will open but not work (push buttons, nothing happens), and
when using the native dlls, SF crashes after clickon on File/Open.  I've
tried this using my existing windows partition and without it, and the
result is the same, but I didn't have this prob with wine-2002037.

The error I get after clicking file/open is :

fixme:shell:ExtractAssociatedIconExA (40475340 419536e0 0 41957288): stub

Thanks for any help,
NL