Wine & Metastock

Lim Yew Siang yslim at
Tue Nov 19 01:51:36 CST 2002

I've just recently converted my Windows pc to Mandrake Linux & I've got
everything I need working except for this software - Equis Metastock.

I've managed to install it.   However, on execution, it dies with the
following msg:
 "A CreateFont error occurred while loading the Symbols font: C:\Program

On the wine console, the following msg appears:
fixme:font:CreateScalableFontResourceA (0,"C:\\Program

Is this a Wine deficiency, ie function not supported?
Is there a way to get around this error?
Should I lodge a wine bug report?
Should I throw in the towel as far as this pgm is concerned?

Any help would be appreciated.

Lim Yew Siang